Do you get an insane amount of catalogs? My parents definitely do, I can’t help but think it is such a waste of paper, that is until something completely unexpected shows up in the catalog repertoire. This week it was from Uncommon Goods. This catalog is stocked full of gifts that would actually fit for every single person I would ever need to buy gifts for. (I’m not endorsed by them, they have no clue who I am.) I know there is someone on your list (Dad) that is really difficult to buy gifts for, and I’m telling you this place has everything. Here is my top picks from Uncommon Goods of items that I giggled, pointed out, or put in my mind-pocket for later.
1. The Shark Socks: “Oh excuse me while I cross my legs, AWWW there is a shark eating my ankle!”
2. For my favorite penguin lover, the Zenguin Tea Cups, not just for sipping tea these could stash hairbands, paper clips, or whatever. So adorable.
3. The Spiky Owl Balancer Stake: I have a minor obsession with owls as is, I love how cute they are, and I can picture this as something unexpected in someone’s front yard.
4. The State Kitchen Towel, for someone who lives away from home, or has lived in a different state, or for the couple that met someplace random. A simple, yet memorable way to incorporate a meaningful spot into their home. Also available in region or city.
5. For the prankster on your list, the Glass Water Faucet, the mature way to induce a double take.
I could spend all day adding to this list – I would totally recommend checking out the site to find something for that person that is a little difficult to buy for.